Breast Cancer Welfare Association Malaysia
Ranjit, a breast cancer survivor since 1998, has a basic qualification in Physiotherapy, and a Master of Science degree in Community Disability Studies (University College London, UK).
Ranjit is a Patient Advocate and she holds the following positions:
- President of Breast Cancer Welfare Association Malaysia
- Board Member for Reach to Recovery International, a global breast cancer support and advocacy programme
- Board Member for the ABC Global Alliance representing LMICs.
- Member of the Presidential Task Force for the Global Alliance of Pain Patient Advocates under the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP).
- Patient Advocate for the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC).
Ranjit conducts training in peer support in cancer care. Her article on Cancer – My Personal Account was published in The Lancet, Issue no. 9472, May 14th 2005, Vol 365, Page 1742.
Ranjit received the 2004 Outstanding UICC Volunteer Award and the Theresa Lasser Award conferred by Reach To Recovery International in 2011
She has held the following positions in the past: President of Breast Cancer Welfare Association Malaysia (2002-2011), President of Reach to Recovery International (2003-2007), and Board Member of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) (2006-2010).