Senior Director, APAC Regional Lead
Prior to joining MSD, Sannie led the Asia Pacific Regulatory Policy at Roche Pharm Singapore. As Global Topic Lead for reliance practices, Sannie engaged the Health Authorities and Key Opinion Leaders to ensure an optimal and robust regulatory environment that facilitates patients’ access. In addition, she also drives regulatory convergence in Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC). Publications include:
- “Developing key performance indicators to measure the progress of regional regulatory convergence and cooperation in APEC”; AAPS Open (2018) https://doi.org/10.1186/s41120-018-0024-2
- “Measuring progress of regulatory convergence and cooperation among APEC member economies in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic”; Therapeutic Innovation & Regulatory Science (2021) https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s43441-021-00285-w
Formerly from Singapore Health Sciences Authority (HSA) as Branch Director, Dr Sannie Chong supervised all the quality reviewers responsible for all decisions relating to chemistry, manufacturing and control (CMC) in both the pre- and post-marketing stages.
Internationally, she represented HSA as:
- the WHO expert for the pre-qualification of Medicines Program
- the Singapore Lead for ASEAN (for technical); and
- the Singapore Lead of the work-sharing initiatives of ACSS (Australia-Canada-Singapore-Switzerland) https://www.tga.gov.au/acss-nce-work-sharing-pilot
Dr Chong holds a Ph.D. in Chemistry from the University of Hull (UK) and a postdoctoral research fellowship from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (USA).
Currently Dr Chong also serves as visiting expert of the Duke-NUS Centre of Regulatory Excellence (Singapore).